If you are setting up a wireless routed for your small business, understanding the router options is important. Routers need to be powerful enough to handle your needs, and each router is different although they are accompanied by directions.
- Routers have LAN ports and WAN ports which look similar but are different colours. The router gets connected to the modem through the WAN port (wide area network) which is yellow and labelled internet.
- An Ethernet cable is the cable that connects the ports in modems, computers and routers. Connect an Ethernet cable into the WAN port and the other end of the cable to the modem
- The second Ethernet cable gets connected in the LAN ports and computer or laptop.
- Once the cables are connected, you can plug in your power adapter.
- Now that the router has been connected and has started up, confirm that the laptop has been connected to the local WiFi network on your laptops /desktops task bar
- On the routers configuration section, add in your router settings in the address bar.
- WiFi uses specific codes to reach the correct devices. Check on the router that the code is correct when it is set up
For WiFi technical help for your small business in Johannesburg, Midrand and the surrounds, Tech Cloud IT support services can help you troubleshoot, diagnose and fix the WiFi network connection problems. Our IT Support covers remote support for small businesses and onsite support for WiFi networks.